Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cici Aloe Jelly Drink

This is another drink unanimously and firmly described as "sweet". Though in my case the word was spoken with casual appreciation, while in the case of my mother and sister it was of more... choked quality. I'm an occasional imbiber of Aloe Vera based products, and if that's the case for you you'll definitely be able to detect the flavour. The non-jelly portions of the drink are syrupy and nectar-like, immediately rejected by my mother and sister, the latter with a declaration of its.... "waxy nose-taste".

I do not have the slightest idea what that means. She insisted I include it in the post.

Aesthetically, it's nothing special. Basic drink-in-a-bag. Where it proves to have more personality is in the texture.

You see that picture? You see how comparatively little liquid there is in the glass?

Well, that's the amount I was able to pour before it stubbornly stopped up and refused to budge. I didn't press the matter. Drinking it from the baggie later was less of a chore, but I was forced to admit defeat with a fair amount of jelly still left in the bag. If you want the whole beverage, you're going to have to break out the scissors. Overall I'd skip it unless you're a determined Aloe enthusiast.

No comments:

Post a Comment